What to include as TVL?
Total value locked inside a platform / protocol's own contracts by users.
We separate TVL into different types. This lets users decide what they do and do not want to include in the dashboard data. These types are:
- Staking - the platform's own tokens
- Pool2 - staked LP tokens where one side of the market is the platform's own governance token.
- Borrows - deposits borrowed from the platform
- Offers - funds that are approved for spending on a non-custodial platform, but not actually deposited into the platform contracts
- Treasury - unvested funds in the platform's treasury, not including the platform's own governance token.
- Assets that aren't on the blockchain, such as bonds or fiat currency. We don't consider the dollars stored on Tether's bank account as TVL, for example.